Sometimes it seems like the revolution is today in the hotel business. Why? Many of the world’s top hotel chains have begun to use robots to enhance the visitor experience. A few people have been evaluating it for quite some time.
As a result, the robot bellman, robot butler, and robot hotel concierge have emerged.
Every hotelier wants to leave their guests with a good impression. Even great if that visitor returns or tells others about their experience. What role can robots play in this? Simply said, hotel robots provide you a competitive edge over your rivals.
Robots may free up a valuable human employee schedule while also helping to customize a guest’s stay. But, in reality, their applications are virtually infinite, with only imagination and expense standing in the way.
What is a Concierge Robot?
Several major hotel chains have begun to use specifically developed robots to improve the visitor experience. In addition, scientists strive to make their fresh robot project concepts clear with each passing day.
The robot butler, robot bellman, and robot hotel concierge are evidence of their success in the hotel business.
Before you can understand the applications of robots, users must first know what they are. In layman’s terms, a robot is a machine that is programmed to do complicated jobs or activities automatically.
Many of them are designed to look like people and are referred to as androids, although not all robots assume this shape.
Modern robots may be semi-autonomous or autonomous, and they can utilize voice recognition technology and artificial intelligence.
It is not simple to develop a robot conceptual design and construct it from the ground up. However, several businesses provide application templates for this purpose.
The Purpose of Robots in the Hotel Industry
So you may be wondering why hotels employ robots. The reason is straightforward: they like to leave their visitors with memorable and pleasant experiences that will entice them to return.
Happy guests will tell others about their positive experiences, which will benefit the hotels even more.
However, the issue remains: how might a robot assist these hotel companies with this? Hotel robots provide a competitive advantage over the competitors in the hotel business.
Furthermore, they may assist in customizing the guest’s stay and save up valuable schedules of human workers.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Robots
- There are benefits to using robots in every business. One of these benefits is that robots are less prone to fatigue. Furthermore, robots do not experience negative moods or unpleasant days.
- They can operate at maximum efficiency for extended periods than humans. Robots can also do a wide range of jobs quicker than humans.
- Furthermore, the employment of robots eliminates human mistakes. Precision and accuracy may be expected to be very high. A robot would never forget your instructions.
- One apparent drawback of robot usage is that it will eventually displace people at work, resulting in unemployment.
- This is among the most common arguments given by humans for not desiring to use robots. After all obviously, it all depends on the conditions at the time.
- Increased usage of robots implies a rise in demand for various robotics experts. It creates new job opportunities in the AI sector. For the time being, humans build and program robots.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do hotel robots do?
Robots are placed around the hotel to offer information, main desk services, data storage, and check-in and check-out services, using speech and face recognition technologies.
What is the price of a relay robot?
Savioke leases its Relay robot for approximately $2,000 per month on average, and previous clients include Residence Inn, Crowne Plaza, Westin, and Aloft.
What are the drawbacks of robots?
The Drawbacks of Robots
- They cause people to lose their jobs.
- They need continuous power.
- Their Programming binds them.
- They are responsible for a small number of tasks.
- They are emotionless.
- They have an impact on human interaction.
- They require specialized knowledge to set up.
- They are costly to install and run.